3.2 Key metrics and dimensions defined
- Define the terms "metrics" and "dimensions" and identify examples of each in Google Analytics
- Understand how key metrics like "users," "sessions," "bounce rate" and other interaction metrics are calculated
- Understand how time metrics are calculated
Reports in Analytics contain dimensions and metrics. Most commonly, you’ll see dimensions and metrics reported in a table, with the first column containing a list of the values for one particular dimension, and the rest of the columns displaying the corresponding metrics.
- Dimensions describe characteristics of your users, their sessions and actions.
- Metrics are the quantitative measurements of users,sessions and actions. Metrics are numerical data.